Sunday, January 10, 2016

How to Style Lace Skirts



 
In our previous post we featured this gorgeous red lace skirt for only $54.99
 
 
 
If you're anything like me you might look at this skirt and think,"that is so cute! I would love to buy that but I have no idea what I would wear it with". I feel your pain, before I started working at ADORNit all of my skirts were black or grey because it was too out of my comfort zone to buy a brightly colored or patterned skirt. I had a rule that if I could picture 5 outfits I could wear it with then I would consider buying it. I could never picture outfits that I could wear with skirts that had more pizazz or attitude then a plain black skirt. But my eyes have been opened now and I am so excited to show you five outfit ideas that might change your mind about buying a brightly colored skirt!  

First let's keep it classic! Lace is such a beautiful and classy material that it only seems natural to pair it with something that has those same attributes. Something like pearls, pearls have and will always be a symbol of elegance and grace. So pair this lace skirt with a cardigan that has pearl accents along the neckline and you can't go wrong or out of style for that matter. This look is timeless.


The next outfit is a little less timeless and a little more modern. Most would pair this skirt with something simple on top in fear of creating too much business in one outfit. But we sure as heck aren't afraid of a little texture mixing! Add a fun metallic glitter top as an unexpected pop of shimmer and you will be the unexpected style icon at your next social gathering!


If that is a little to crazy for you then lets tone it down a little bit. This next outfit offers a very subtle hint of metallic shimmer. We have paired our lace skirt with a metallic striped tee that keeps it a little more casual but the shimmer maintains a certain level of glam. Our cute stylist Kelcee added a faux fur scarf that is always a winter necessity and a cute little pineapple belt to add a little taste of her fun and funky personality.


The remaining style ideas are going to take this skirt to a casual level. I know it is hard to believe hat a red lace skirt can ever read as casual. Hopefully I change your mind with the next couple outfits. When I think casual the first two things that come to mind are t-shirts and sweatshirts. And what a coincidence because that is exactly what we are going to be pairing this skirt with! 

First t-shirts. In all honesty who doesn't love an adorable t-shirt? It has all the comfort of wearing a pajama shirt in public but all the style that you are comfortable in nearly every setting. It is a total win win situation. In our first outfit we have paired the skirt with a graphic tee with fun color block sleeves. My rule of thumb for mixing colors is the nature rule. All that means is that if you can think of a time that you have seen this color combo in nature then it will work together in an outfit. And I don't know about you but I have seen quite a few red flowers with yellow centers so this color combo is a thumbs up! If your a little hesitant to mix your colors then pick a cute tee that has some red in it so you remain comfortable with your shirt and skirt combo. 


Our final outfit combo is with one of our adorable sweatshirts. Now when we say sweatshirt we don't mean your old ratty track sweatshirt from back in the day. Not that there is anything wrong with continually repping your school mascot, I personally still rock my purple kangaroo sweatshirt from time to time, yes my high school mascot really was a purple kangaroo. When we say sweatshirt at ADORNit that means that there has to be something a little extra special about it. This sweatshirt for instance has adorable beaded rhinestone details on the front and a rose gold half zipper on the back. Because this sweatshirt has fun and girly details it does mesh with the fun and flirty vibes that his skirt is putting out. Pair a lace skirt with a cute sweatshirt and you my friend are now rocking the comfiest outfit this planet has to offer. 


I hope these outfit ideas have opened your eyes to the wonderful world of fun, funky and colored skirts! 
 
Check out our website (www.adornit.com) to shop and follow us on Instagram (adornitshoppe) and Facebook (Adornit Shoppe) to stay up to date on all of our latest finds and style tips!
 
XO
 
Courtney
 
 
 
P.S.
If you have any questions about the styles you've seen today feel free to email us at adornitgirls@gmail.com 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment